More fall cookies – Scarecrows and fall wreaths!!
For the big scarecrows I use a witch face cookie cutter from a Wilton Halloween set and for the wreath cookies I use a Christmas Wreath cutter and the same technique that I use for my 3-D fall Tree cookie last year. Actually this set is also from last year cookies.
As you can see in the next picture I also use mini cutters in combination with the Christmas Wreath, I use a mini skull cutter upside down for the scarecrow.
1. I use stiff consistency royal icing tinted in gold (Americolor) and Wilton tip 65 (small leave) to make the wreath leaves. I piped the leaves in different directions for a for a more natural look.
2. Lightly airbrush the foliage with red, orange, green and brown. If you don’t have an airbrush you can get the same effect with food color spray like Wilton color mist. A little goes a long way, as you can see in my first attempt – the wreath in the lower right corner.
3. Finally add a decorative element. In my case I use scarecrows and pumpkins. I’m thinking I can use this same concept for Christmas with a snowman, stars, etc.
My favorite is the wreath with the little scarecrow that is really easy to make
1. Pipe a circle with white flood consistency royal icing
2. Pipe a triangle and a long rectangle for the hat with brown royal icing
3. Let it dry for an hour and then pipe the hair using a #1 tip and stiff consistency yellow royal icing
4. Finally add details with royal icing for the hat and nose and with edible markers for the eyes and mouth. Hope you enjoy !